Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Uh oh.

My Mom was visiting last weekend. We decided to run a few errands Saturday afternoon and took Ben with us. I was hoping that he'd fall asleep in the car seat while we drove around. Yeh. No such luck. Was he tired? Oh Yeah. Was he irritable? You betcha.

One stop we needed to make was at a lingerie store. It's owned by and part of a larger ladies clothing store. So Mom went in the lingerie store to search for a lace camisole. Ben and I went to the clothing store to scope out possible birthday gifts for Mom.

Once in the store, Ben was drawn to the jewelry. Of course, it's at his eye level and it's sparkly. So as I tried to give the clothing even a modicum of attention Ben covered his body with pricey costume jewelry. He told me what would look good on me, my Mom, how much he loved chunky bracelet cuffs and long charm necklaces. Wow, I am thinking. I have a real Clinton on my hands. He already advises me about makeup and hair. What's next?

After a few more reminders to Ben that we would not be purchasing jewelry, I offered that we should go next door and find MiMi.

Ben headed immediately to the rack of daytime clothes in the store and crawled beneath it. "Whatever," I sighed. At least I knew where we was for the moment. I arrogantly thought I would be able to look around the store. Stop laughing.

A few moments later two women stroll past me giggling. I glance over to where they had been and see Ben standing in front of a full size mannequin. The mannequin was standing on the floor - not on a pedestal.

The headless mannequin was clothed in a very shiny, smooth and silky bra and panties set. My darling son, who only moments before had been channeling his inner diva, was standing directly in front of the mannequin with one hand on each bra cup. Oh yeah. Great. Lovely. Feel up the plastic lady.

As if this wasn't quite enough, as I head over towards him, he begins to shimmy the mannequin's panties down and put his hands on the mannequin's hiney.

So far, the store has not sent me a letter asking me to not shop there anymore. Pretty amazing.

He's 5. What will I get at 15? Uh oh.

3 comments:

lynn said...

Oh Ann. As I was reading, I thought you were going to write that you ended up buying Ben some fabulous costume jewelery. I never expected to read about Ben cozying up to Headless Betty--the prettiest mannequin in town :-)
Don't worry about when he's older. You're getting these opportunites now to teach him about respecting boundaries..especially of plastic people.
Thanks for sharing, Ann. And I'm glad you didn't get a letter from the store. I am quite sure that they've seen a lot worse!

Casa Bicicleta said...

I had no idea where this was heading. It could have been in a million directions but I did not see this coming. But I for sure knew which "Clinton" you were talking about. ;-)

Diva Maman said...

OH Ann. I'm giggling. Seriously giggling. He's all boy.

Aren't you glad his inner Clinton has such a varied definition? ;-)