Monday, February 27, 2012

In the starting gates

I know. STILL getting started. Have not started the homestudy yet. Haven't sent in the contract yet. Of course, we have done other, non-paperwork, tangential adoption things. We cleaned out three closets - one in Ben's room, one in the guest room and the hall closet in between. Next we are moving Ben to the guest room because it's larger.

We have picked out new bedroom furniture and paint for Ben's room. Luckily, dear hubby loves home improvement projects. And he hates letting me paint. For crying out loud - it's a roller! I have painted many walls in my life. But, according to sweet K, I paint all wrong. So, it's his project for the weekend.

We also decided to trade in my car and get a new (to me) car. It's bigger than my old car and can easily hold two Britax car seats. It's not a minivan, but I do fit right in in my community. Welcome to SUV Land. Please no flaming my carbon footprint.

Today I found out that the Adoption Coordinator (S) and Regional Coordinator (L) that helped us with our paperwork for Ben are still with our adoption agency and we can work with them again. Yay! S and L were great hand-holders and cheerleaders.

Oh, Mom is moving into town on Thursday. She'll be about 5 minutes away. I doubt I would be as excited about adopting Little Sister if my Mom was not around. Her help will be indispensable.

So, as we say down here, we are fixin' to get ready.

3 comments:

Casa Bicicleta said...

Um....you are getting the house ready BEFORE you start the homestudy? Isn't that like putting the cart before the horse?

Never mind me. I'm sure there's a method to your...um....madness. ;-)

Diva Maman said...

Hey, at least she's fixin' to do it. And...this way, Ben's through all of the "his space" transition stuff for sure.

It's okay Ann...I've got your back!

Ann S. said...

Ben told us the other night that he's sleeping alone in his new bed. He has pirate comforter and sheets. Cool big kid furniture. We are praying he'll actually try to sleep alone in the bed.