Update on the job opportunity. I had the initial interview in February and one follow up interview in March (with same person, would be my boss). Yesterday I find out would-be-boss is leaving company. Uh oh. Don't know the story, but probably not a happy-ending, everyone-stays-friends kind of parting.
So my zeal is tempered now by the unknown of the boss situation. The WBB (would be boss) asked me to consider this position; I did not apply for it. Signs that might be omens...
Ben, Kurt and I are visiting a vision specialist next week. We are working on determining what/if there's a cause for Ben's difficulty in retention of letters and reading. The developmental optometrist has a niece living with his family (while she attends college here) and she was adopted at 12 years old from Russia. This doctor is very interested in what type of visual delay he may be working to overcome as a result of his year in the orphanage. It's a 2-3 hour consultation and assessment. I'll let you know what I find out...
Ben has become Grouchy McGrumpy this week. I am not sure if it's the weather (cold and raining every day) or the pollen (too high to count) or what. Could be all of it. Or he could just be grinding my nerves everyday because he knows he can. If it's my idea, then he does not like it. Two days ago Ben changed his mind three times about breakfast - but only after I had presented him with his request. Grrrrr...
I am trying to stay one step ahead of him now. I made his breakfast today before he could tell me what he wanted (sun chips or pretzels with a fruit by the foot would be his choice). I laid down the Mom law "eat it or go hungry". It was a cinnamon/raisin bagel with cream cheese, so it's not like I feed my child liver and beets for breakfast.
I made his lunch before he could issue any royal edicts about it, too. I decided to forgo the battle over a shower before school. The repeated demands by Mr. Bossy, even when accompanied by a "please" just cause me to grind my teeth and roll my eyes. I am thinking that some time apart could be good for both of us. Spring Break is next week so we'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I went through that phase...oh wait...I think we are still in it. The "if Mom said it, it must be wrong" phase. Somehow I have a feeling this is with us for life. Call it a hunch.
I like your strategy and glad it works for you. That would never wash with my girl. She's willing to go to the mat on every issue and would rather starve herself than eat something (even if it were her favorite meal lovingly prepared) that was my suggestion, not hers. I kid you not.
We have some serious oppositional issues to work on.
The opthomologist idea sounds interesting. I'll be curious to hear what you find out.
Good for you. I'm currently doing 1-2-3 Magic cause I'm TIRED of the argument. Works great...
except for the pant-wetting...she actually told her teacher "because I wanted to"! Can we say "control issues"????
Post a Comment