Friday, February 11, 2011

Two steps forward...

Lately, this has been my mantra. And it's me, this time, not Ben. I actually realized yesterday that Ben has "grown out" of several messy and annoying past times - like peeing on the walls and floor of the bathroom rather than into the toilet. It's been months since I have had the "don't make me buy pull ups for you" discussion. Funny what happens along the way while you're busy living. He's growing up so fast.

Anyway, I digress.

So, I have several decisions ahead of me. One I have already made - it's a two year deal and I am excited and yet nervous about it. I guess butterflies in the stomach are good. It's when you get woodpeckers in there that you worry.

Ahead of me lie decision dominoes in a row. Each decision leads me to the next. It's these times that I wish for a crystal ball - how will this all look in 6 months, 12 months, etc.? And, no, I can't discuss any of them yet. Sorry. I am not trying to tease. I am not considering adopting again, so everyone can relax on that one.

Only one decision lies before me that is truly irreversible in it's impact. So here I need to draw a deep breath, put on my big girl undies and be prepared for the fallout. I am scared, but compelled. My most important first step will be broaching this with Kurt. I wonder if he still checks my blog - I don't think so....

I have to have my reasons, pros, cons the whole deal in place in my head before I make this a family issue. Right now it's a lot of deep breathing and clear thinking.

Faith is a huge part of my life and my psyche. I know that things work out the way they are supposed to but the first step is so daunting. And I am so chicken.

2 comments:

Casa Bicicleta said...

Strap on those big girl undies sistah. They fit you good.

We're all here cheering you on too.

Sending you lots of support no matter what it is. But I bet I know. ;-)

Diva Maman said...

I'm wondering if I know too...Leigh, you're just too smug sometimes.

Ann...big girl panties and deal, bless your heart!