Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Small Rant

Okay. I made a rather significant decision today. I have removed my blog address from my FB profile. If someone misses it, they can call me or e-mail me and I'll pass along the address. It has really bothered me that a couple of IRL friends commented that "all I blog about is adoption stuff". So, now, if they want to read my "adoption stuff", they can ask for the website.

I need to blog about "adoption stuff" because child-rearing makes my head spin. So I have to ponder it, review it, re-review it from every possible angle and then think some more. Blogging seems to help.

I am also looking for a bit more freedom in my writing. While I don't care who knows some of the details of my life - I am not going to volunteer to be flamed by having the details available via FB. Parts of my life are apparently controversial - GASP. Get over it. I don't recall asking any one's opinion.

Oh - did you know I was in a snarky mood today?

I hate having to defend and explain, ad nauseum, my decision in child-rearing. Yes, I screw it up (royally, too) but I try really hard to learn lessons. Fingernails on a chalkboard would be preferable to hearing one more opinion, from the well-meaning few, about what I am not doing correct, what Ben's doing "wrong" (yeah, don't get me started here) and what K and I "should be" doing. Okay, you try is what I want to say. Let's see how you do...

There are times that I am envious of other Moms who's kids don't take their frustrations out on them. As L, my wise friend points out, our kids want us to share their emotions. Wow - very powerful. I learn so much from my cyber-friends. I am so lucky and blessed to have open, non-judgmental ladies in my life.

Most of the followers of my blog are rowing in the same boat with me. But we are here together. I think a sunny beach sounds like a great destination...

6 comments:

bethee said...

Go here: http://www.watchingthewaters.com/
Corey is AWESOME MOM. The caps are well deserved. She has a mom's retreat for exhausted mom's every year -- in Florida. I miss our chats. Call, please. :)

Casa Bicicleta said...

Ann, I have one thing to say....and you know I was going to say it. Face book is EVIL. hahahahahahah. I'm just kidding.

Believe me, there are plenty of judgmental people out here in blogdomville or however you call us. Try not to let them get to you because there is always someone who thinks they KNOW how to parent better than you. Fact is, they don't have YOUR kid. and truth is, they might not even be such a great parent to their own kid, who knows.

I know you Ann, you are a FAB parent. FABULOUS. The BEST parent ever for Ben. (like your commentor before me, I think the caps are well deserved) And I think this is the place to come to talk about it. Screw the FB crowd.

You know I was just dying to say that last bit, right? tee hee.

Kate said...

I don't know you, but if Leigh say's you are a great Mom, I trust it to be true. PlUS! We already have one thing in a common, well make that two. I bet a whole lot more. :)

I learn so much from writing/blogging. It saved my life so much the first year ZuZu was home. So write/blog etc

You got my support! If you want to look me up on FB I use "Kate Demetrius" that evil place that it is..... And I will support you there as well!

Diva Maman said...

What Leigh said. Seriously. Ann, you rock.

And, for the record, people (especially the FB morons who think they have a right to all aspects of our lives) are just stupid.

Jacqui said...

Snark away! It feels good doesn't it?

Our Adventures As A Family of 4.... said...

Yes, they do want us to share their emotions. And sometimes that is exhausting, in my case x2.

It does feel good to get it out. I have some IRL family/friends who read my blog and it is adoption related, and that's just how it's going to be.

Love when you are snarky. ;-)

Molly